A slow website loading speed can be extremely detrimental to your website. In order to help you improve your website's performance we have compiled a list of the best tips and tricks.
Basic Ecommerce Web Development Tips For A Better Loading Speed
Having very basic knowledge of how your website functions can help you to understand and remove any problems related to the loading speed. Our ecommerce website development experts believe that once you understand the elements of a webpage, your page loading problems should be easy to resolve.
- Image optimisation. The size of the images you use will massively influence your page load speed. We always suggest speaking to your designers and aiming for a balance between the quality and the size. You can compress images in order to reduce their file size; one technique suggests switching to progressive .jpeg images. However, this means the image will load straight away but will appear pixelated at first.
- Content Delivery Network (CDN) – using this service is handy if your users are based in different parts of the world. It can benefit the download speed of your website as CDN uses resources from other servers.
- Minimise scripts. You can get a special application that will reveal certain scripts that are slowing down the loading speed of your website.
- Remove unused scripts. Perform regular maintenance to remove redundant scripts. This way you will improve the rendering of your page.
- Convert image assets into sprites. CSS sprites integrate multiple images into just one image to reduce the loading time. By doing so you minimise HTTPS requests which can impair the speed of your webpage download.
- Get your Favorite icon (favicon) optimised. A favicon is the website icon which is associated with your website. Make sure it's less than 1KB in size for a fast download speed.
- Compress resources. Your development team should advise you on the best compression technique. By implementing this you can reduce the HTTP response size.
- Clean up errors and remove script duplicates. Errors that often occur are invalid HTML tags and script errors. Validate the errors by using validator.w3.org. You should follow up with this validation regularly.
- 404 error removal. 404 dead-ends must removed. The Google Analytics tool should help you in identifying which pages get this. The 301 redirect can sometimes be used to fix it. However, avoid redirecting people to an irrelevant substitute page, as this will negatively influence your search engine optimisation (SEO).
- Complex onpage elements. If a website contains too many HTML elements it can be significantly slowed down. Thus, remove any unnecessary HTML items.
- General tips – do not have images scaled in HTML and reduce the size of cookies whenever you can.
Ecommerce Web Development Services At Advansys
Here at Advansys our team of expert web developers have already created many bespoke web development modules. Used by numerous satisfied customers worldwide, we also provide customised web development for ecommerce websites. Our dedicated team of specialists at Advansys can integrate your web development requirements into your existing solution.
For more information on ecommerce website development at Advansys please contact us on 0845 838 2700 or email email@example.com
We’re always happy to help and can help you take your business in the right direction.
You are always welcome to visit us in our Wokingham office or you can also call us on 0118 380 0201 and drop us a message via our the website.
We'd love to show you how you can get more web traffic and leads, increase your online sales, provide better customer service & grow online.
Call us0118 380 0201
4 Millars Brook
Molly Millars Lane