eCommerce is consistently becoming the most important aspect of many businesses, particularly B2B companies. By utilising these 10 tips, along with professional B2B eCommerce Solutions, you can be assured that your business is making the most out of its online presence.
10 Top Tips For B2B eCommerce
1. B2B Vs B2C – B2C eCommerce is better than it has ever been, and by including features from B2C into your B2B eCommerce Solution, you are making the process simpler and far more efficient for the buyer. With easy-to-follow guided selling, interface selling and ever more enhanced search features, as well as a great simplification or the check-out process, your B2B buyers will be enjoying the same kind of personalised experience they would expect from a dedicated B2C business.
2. Easy To Use – Speed and efficiency are the two main qualities a buyer looks for in an eCommerce website, whether B2B or B2C, and, as such, a long and convoluted buying process or a difficult to search website, require more effort on the part of the buyer, who is much more likely to abandon their transaction in favour of another website’s quicker process.
3. Easily-Updated And Easily-Administrated – If you ensure that your platform is simple to update and is capable of supporting the latest technologies, then you can modify your site as you need to, to compete in the ever-changing world of B2B business.
4. Product Visualisation – By utilising product images and videos in your B2B eCommerce Solution, you are allowing your customer a new way of interacting with the product before they buy it. Without being able to see the product, buyers often lack the ability to properly evaluate it and, without that evaluation, are increasingly likely to abandon the transaction before it is completed.
5. Supporting Customer Specific Contracts – An increase in the functionality of your e-commerce website can not only improve the experience of your current customers, but can also help to attract new sales opportunities. B2B eCommerce solutions which allow for the creation and maintenance of customised profiles, which then give customers the ability to re-order, bulk-order and renew previous contracts at the click of a button, along with enabling your business to target them with recommended orders, can make the process much easier for both you and your customer.
6. Keep The Human Touch – Though B2B eCommerce is much easier than traditional methods of business, it is best to assign a dedicated account manager, or to provide a human face for your business, which contributes to the idea of brand loyalty and business personality you want to cultivate in your buyer.
7. Integrate B2B Transactions Into Both Systems – B2B eCommerce should be as easy as possible for both parties involved, and by allowing a wide range of payment options and real-time currency translations, you can continue to make the process as efficient as possible.
8. Ensure You Have Robust Security – By making certain that your business is protected by the best security available, and ensuring you meet all the necessary standards and security requirements can make protecting both you and your customers much easier.
9. Measure Your B2B Adoption And Success – Make sure that you measure how many people visit your site a day, and try to map their journey across your site so that you can build a persona of your average customer. Dashboards are a fantastic tool for measuring these aspects of your site’s traffic and can make it much simpler to build an image of the customer you are trying to appeal to.
10. Remember To Engage The End Customer – By understanding exactly who your customer is, and why they use your site over alternatives, you can modify your site to appeal to them as much as possible, ensuring a long and healthy business relationship.
B2B eCommerce Solutions
By making the most of the B2B eCommerce solutions we offer here at Advansys, you can be certain that your business is in the perfect position to make the most out of the rapidly growing world of online retail and B2B trading.
We specialise in complete B2B eCommerce solutions, ensuring that you are making the most out of your online and mobile presence. We have built award-winning, business essential systems and solutions for a huge variety of sectors and businesses and boast a professional, specialised team with years of experience.
For more information, or to let us start work on your unique B2C or B2B eCommerce Solution, visit us, (and be sure to check out some of our amazing customer testimonials whilst you’re there!) call us on 0118 380 0201 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.