In order for your business’ site to be regarded as truly customer-centric, you need to ensure that you are meeting, and surpassing, the expectations of your customers. By utilising Next-Generation business to business techniques, many of which have been inspired by the features of consumer-centric websites, professionally designed B2B eCommerce solutions can be the difference between enabling orders and creating orders!
What Do You Need To Know About Customer-Centric Ecommerce Solutions?
When designing a customer-centric website what do you need to consider? Whether you’re creating the website yourself, or making the most of professional B2B eCommerce solutions, such as those offered by Advansys, you should make a note of what you want, what your customer wants, what is the best option for your business and what the most important features of your site are going to be. Committing ideas to paper and providing something along the lines of a check-list, either for yourself or the team of e-commerce professionals, is a fantastic way of keeping your intentions clear in your mind.
- First Impressions – It was once the idea that a website had ten seconds to capture a user’s attention and that, in that time, a business had to let the user know what it offered, who it was and to represent some kind of brand identity/ethos. Now it is generally considered that the amount of time a user spends on a site is half that, leaving you only five seconds to make an impression on your potential customers.
- Honesty And Integrity – In order to combat the increasingly short attention span of the modern eCommerce buyer, your website needs to exude a sense of respectability and trustworthiness. By offering simple descriptions or content along the lines of ‘About Us’, ‘Our Philosophy’ and ‘Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)’ you are helping to establish the kind of basic information a buyer would look for when deciding whether or not to trust a new company.
- Easy To Use – It is well known that bad navigation and unresponsive or unintuitive web design are amongst the key reasons for high-bounce rates and greatly reduced traffic reaching a website. By utilising simple navigation you ensure that your customers can find their way around your store, but run the risk of failing to create a brand identity. By utilising B2B solutions to create a similar, and yet unique, navigation system encourages both ease of use and brand establishment.
- Updated Frequently – Ensuring that your website is updated regularly remains one of the most effective ways of keeping your website in your customer’s minds and is key to attracting new customers. By offering newsletters and blogs you keep your brand fresh, alive and relevant in an ever-growing sector.
- Use Design As A Differentiator – Not only is web design important in ensuring that your website works efficiently and intuitively with your users, but it is also important in creating the visual branding of your website. The appearance is important in helping to differentiate your website from similar companies’ and also to develop credibility. Using typography and well-chosen, well-placed images can really make a potential customer linger on a page for longer, which then gives you the opportunity to sell to them.
- User-Experience Driven Landing Pages – User-experience (UX) focuses on interactive products, including software applications and websites. A positive and, just as importantly, unified UX, can be achieved by merging creative and functional design activity with usability, accessibility and the design of the user-interface.
Providing a positive UX is an important part of your branding efforts and it encourages a sense of brand loyalty on the part of your customer.
- Test ! – Ensuring that your B2B eCommerce Solution has been efficiently tested is one of the easiest ways to ensure that your business receives the online presence it deserves. Even just a few basic searches and transactions can help to display any issues your website might have which could affect the UX. Ensure that your website works before you make it properly accessible to potential customers, as a bad website can leave a lasting negative opinion which might trouble your business for years to come.
Customer-Centric B2B eCommerce Solutions From Advansys
At Advansys, we pride ourselves on creating unique, award-winning websites and innovative B2B eCommerce Solutions, with a focus on ensuring a satisfactory User-experience throughout every aspect of your business.
Our professional and experienced team are here to help you fully explore your business’ potential. For more information, visit us online, call us on 0845 838 2700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us begin building your business’ intuitive and personalised B2B eCommerce solution.