In a market dominated by the efficiency of your online store, it is becoming increasingly important for ecommerce retailers to provide consumers with an e-retail solution which works on all devices.
Why Is Responsive Ecommerce So Important?
In the UK, 7 out of 10 people now own a smartphone, with 32% of UK online sales being made on mobile devices. Nearly 50% of visits to e-retail sites are made via smartphone and tablet devices, making a responsive ecommerce solution important for businesses looking to increase traffic and sales.
It is estimated that in 3 years, ‘the number of tablets alone will overtake the number of PCs, and by 2016, 450 million tablets will be sold worldwide every year. If that doesn’t highlight why ecommerce retailers should pay more attention to mobile, we don’t know what will.
The 5 Key Benefits Of Responsive Website Design
- Improved User Experience – 91% of all smartphone users have their phones within an arm’s reach 24 hours a day, 7 days a week (Morgan Stanley, 2012). With an increasingly large number of customers using a mobile device to view your ecommerce site, it is important that their experience is a good one, no matter what device they are using. With a responsive ecommerce design, you can ensure that your site is easily accessible whilst automatically adjusting according to the screen size or orientation of the device. 67% of mobile consumers are more likely to purchase if they can easily find what they are looking for.
- One Simple Site Management Platform – With a single responsive ecommerce solution you will be able to manage site content, products and orders more efficiently. Eliminating the risk of duplicate content, you will only need to manage one single site for all devices. Any changes you make, once implemented, will appear across all devices simultaneously.
- Reduced Costs – Whilst the initial development of a responsive ecommerce website may take longer and cost more, the advantages of the platform massively outweigh both factors. You need only create one version which works on desktops, mobiles and tablets, as opposed to a number of independent designs for a mobile optimised site.
- Improved Conversion Rates – 30% of users will abandon a transaction if the site is not optimised for mobile. Consumer confidence in mobile and tablet platforms continue to increase, making the investment in a responsive site worthwhile. In 2013, an estimated £20bn was spent by consumers on their tablets, predicted to rise to £55bn in 2016. If you don’t have a responsive website, it is like closing your shop one day each week, in relation to the potential revenue lost.
- Better Rankings – With a responsive website you are more likely to achieve better rankings as all traffic is directed to one URL. With a desktop site optimised for mobile, you will need to achieve rankings on two URLs, making getting to the top of page one a little more difficult. Google has included responsive ecommerce as a recommendation for improving search engine optimisation.
Why Choose Responsive Design From Advansys
At Advansys we have developed our own responsive ecommerce solution, built using Bootstrap – at technology developed by Twitter. Optimised from mobile up, rather than desktop down, our responsive ecommerce is one of the fastest ‘mobile first’ solutions on the market.
To see how we can help your business grow with a responsive design, call 0845 838 2700 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. We could love to discuss you new project with you.