Statistics show that organic search results deliver 41% of traffic to B2B ecommerce websites*, making it vital to your ecommerce business.
The Number One Traffic Driver To B2B Is Organic Search
According to conversion rates for B2B websites, organic search results are the number one traffic drivers for B2B websites, followed by direct search and referral traffic.**
This shows the importance of a consistent SEO strategy that delivers quality content and links. The most effective way to achieve a better ranking in search engines is to deliver relevant, useful and organic content. The more relevant and interesting your content is, the more people will want to read and share it. This will lead to higher rankings.
How To Drive More Organic Traffic To Your Website
- Content. Even though there are many different aspects of B2B ecommerce website ranking, quality content is of the utmost importance. Establish yourself as an expert in the field; write compelling, authoritative and engaging content.
- Duplicate. Never copy content from other websites or post your own content on multiple pages.
- Keywords. Keywords and meta descriptions have to be carefully selected. Research which keywords people use to find your products or services. Avoid using generic keywords; instead, use long tail keywords.
- Always include a sitemap. It allows website spiders to crawl and index your page.
- Search Engine Optimisation (SEO). Stay up to date on your SEO strategies. With everything changing so often, you have to stay on top of the game.
- Titles. Titles have to be intriguing and relevant to your content to make your audience read on. Titles should also include appropriate keywords.
- Submit articles to active and respectable article websites. If people come across your article and find it interesting they might want to know more about you and your company.
- Errors. Make sure your B2B ecommerce website is error-free, with no broken links, missing photos, etc.
- Speed. Test your website’s loading speed. Make sure it only includes the necessary amount of graphics as they can slow your website down. Users are very impatient and will leave your site for your competitors’.
- Use white hat techniques. White hat techniques focus on user experience rather than search engine rankings. Avoid any manipulative techniques to get you ahead of your competitors. Instead, concentrate on the quality of your ecommerce page and it will gain the recognition it deserves.
As you can see, organic search has many great advantages for your B2B ecommerce website. As long as you provide quality content and white hat SEO techniques, your page will rank highly in Google.
Do you want tailored solutions for your website? For more information call: 0845 838 2700.