When designing and managing an eCommerce solution, the ultimate goal is to create a high conversion website. I.e. one that converts a large percentage of traffic into sales. Here at Advansys, we have identified the general process people go through in their online shopping experience and as such are able to implement the appropriate checks and steps in our website design process in order to convert as much traffic as possible.
Your Customer's Journey!
This is the process the general user will go through when searching and shopping online, and the checks and steps that can be undertaken on your ecommerce website in order to convert as many visits to purchases as possible:
1 – Search
Before arriving on your website a user will typically do one of the following:
- Use Search Engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing etc) to find a specific product.
- See TV / Newspaper advertisements for a specific website.
- Receive a recommendation about a specific website or service.
2 – Shop
Once a user has arrived on a website they will ask themselves a number of questions subconsciously before deciding to make a purchase. Below is a sample of these questions. If a negative answer is given, the user is most likely to return to the first step of the cycle and shop elsewhere.
- Can I find what I'm looking for?
- Is the site easy to use and navigate?
- Do I trust the website? (eg: Does it look secure and professional)
- Do I have confidence in the company?
- Professional appearance (strong brand identity)
- Does the site show contact details?
- Is content well written?
- Does the site have good product reviews?
- Is the returns policy good?
- Is the price right?
- How fast is the delivery? (Online shoppers don't want to wait 2 weeks, they want the product now)
- How much is delivery?
eCommerce is highly competitive, so your ecommerce solution must be up to scratch. With the high volume of websites selling the same products, it's quick and easy for a user to shop elsewhere. If however a website answers yes to all the above, its likely to have a high conversion rate.
3 – Retention
One of the most commonly missed areas of the online sales process is after sales opportunities. In most cases if a customer has had a positive experience they are likely to return, however the following methods can be used to encourage return business:
- Give an incentive to return by including a discount voucher on the invoice (eg: 10% off your next order)
- Send email newsletters, which include special offers and promotions. This is also an opportunity to increase confidence and trust in the business.
- Create a customer loyalty scheme. Points can be collected so that savings can be made.
Understand The Entire Online Shopping Cycle!
Advansys offer exceptional high conversion ecommerce solutions which will cater to the needs of your business and instil trust in your visitors. Advansys will provide you with a highly-converting, professionally-built website design and comrehensive eCommerce solution that will not only give your visitors the confidence to buy from you, but will also ensure that you can handle your increased sales with ease. Work with Advansys and we'll help you complete your Online Shopping Cycle, and Sell More Online.
For more information and for your free eCommerce consultation contact the ecommerce experts today on 0845 838 2700, alternatively visit www.advansys.com