Tips for Ecommerce Website Search Functions
Search functions on a website are an important feature that allows an online retailer to quickly secure a potential sale. With the world practically at our finger tips with mobile devices enabled to access the internet, people are used to finding out information and getting results quickly. Therefore on an ecommerce website it’s imperative to have an optimised search function on every webpage. People who use this engine already have something in mind and have the possible intention of making a purchase or completing a form.
Econsultancy put together a list of tips for site search they believed would benefit ecommerce websites. They state having an effective search engine can potentially; improve sales, create higher conversion rates, increase site usage, improve customer retention and loyalty and also improve your brand image.
The best practice tips they offer for site search are:
· Provide a site search function
· Position the search boxes where users expect to find it (near the top)
· Make it easy to find
· Position the search box away from other boxes to avoid confusion
· Label the search box so it’s function is obvious
· Include text inside the box that explains its function (e.g. keyword, product code, location etc)
· Make the text disappear once users click in the box
· Let the search be completed using the ‘enter’ key
· Make the size of the box suitable for information likely to be entered
· Have the search box on every page of the website
· Provide a drop down menu to help narrow the search
· Use auto-complete
· Provide a link to advanced search options
Complete B2B Ecommerce Solutions for Better Business Performance
Therefore when implementing a B2B ecommerce solution like website design, it’s important that the company you use understand the importance of optimising your website in order to improve business performance. Just having a fantastic visual design isn’t enough to encourage people to buy from you.
Advansys are a B2B ecommerce solution company that creates stylish, contemporary and high conversion website designs. Their expert team of designers work directly with you to create a website that works to achieve your business strategies, is fully functional and looks amazing.
To see how they’ve helped other online retailers visit Advansys reviews.
You can contact a member of their team to discuss ecommerce solutions by Telephone: 0845 838 2700 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org