Do you own an ecommerce business? Have you invested time and money into perfecting your product presentation, but only to find there is no traffic on your website? Advansys know how to make your ecommerce website friendly for SEO.
The Success Of An Ecommerce Website Depends On SEO
You need to apply successful search engine optimisation techniques in order to make your ecommerce website rank highly in search engines. With such high competition, your page has to not only stand out in its design, but also be found and seen by users. Follow these simple tips to increase the visibility of your ecommerce website:
• Domain name. Your domain name has to be the same as your brand name. Before Google had introduced its algorithm updates, companies usually chose keyword-related domain names. However, today people tend to search for a company name. For example, the domain name for Advansys is advansys.com.
• Domain hosting. When it comes to ecommerce websites, trustworthiness is very important. When buying a domain, look for a provider with a long-term domain name instead of the one that expires in a year or so.
• SEO-friendly URL. The search engine ranking of your ecommerce website strongly depends on your URL. That’s why you should have a page that supports keyword-driven URLs. Take a look at these examples:
a) yourdomai.co.uk/grey-cardigan - this is an example of keyword driven URL. It makes it easy for both people and search engines to identify what page are they on.
b) yourdomain.co.uk/554-fgh-78555111 - this is an example of an unfriendly URL, which makes it hard for search engines to crawl your page.
• 301 redirect. A 301 redirect is a way of redirecting from one URL to another. Ecommerce websites should use redirects instead of deleting content. This means that you won’t lose visitors from having deleted pages.
• Loading speed. The loading speed of your ecommerce website affects the user experience as well as your search engine rankings. Websites that take too long to open usually have higher bounce rates and reflect poorly on your business.
• Content. Optimising content plays a large role in whether or not your website will rank highly. Remember, it is all about creating a positive customer experience. Include photos, product descriptions, shipping details and any extra information.
• Social media buttons. Social media plays a large role in spreading the word about your business. Having social accounts like Twitter and Facebook and including share buttons is an important part of optimising your ecommerce page.
• Analyse. Every successful SEO strategy requires analysis. In order to see if your efforts pay off, you need to track changes and see where you need to optimise further.
Advansys – Your Trusted Partner In Ecommerce Website Search Engine Optimisation
These tips will help to get you started with SEO. However, if you want expert advice, Advansys are here to help you make the best of your ecommerce page.
For more information please visit our website: www.advansys.com or call: 0845 838 2700.